Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day Five

On Sunday, we took the metro to Catholic University and celebrated mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.



We enjoyed mass and spent a few minutes afterward touring the building. I got a bracelet that reminds of the amazing time we had each time I wear it.



Jack loved standing on the train. When the trains got very full and busy it made me nervous and I'd admonish him to take a seat with me, but he always preferred to stand.



The twinkies loved sitting together in the back of the rail. 


After church Elisa drove us to Mt. Vernon in Virginia.

We caught the last tour of the day and spent the rest of the afternoon walking the property. 

Everything was bedecked for Christmas and Ella insisted I photographed it all.


After Mt. Vernon we headed back to DC and went to dinner. We had a great day with Elisa. I wish I would have thought to take a photo with her. boo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment